Dear Clients, March 24, 2020
Due to the recent escalation of the COVID-19 outbreak, advice from public health officials, and executive orders from Governor Brown, Dallas Animal Clinic is taking the following steps to ensure social distancing and to reduce risk of clients and staff of contracting the disease. We plan to continue to remain open through the duration of this pandemic; however, we will be taking the steps below and ask for your help and cooperation during this difficult time to protect yourselves and our community. First and foremost, we ask that if you are not feeling well or may be at risk of exposure to coronavirus, that you consider rescheduling your appointment. Please reschedule for a minimum of two weeks or, if you cannot reschedule, ask someone else that has not been in close contact with you to transport your pet to the clinic.
Here are a few of the changes we are implementing, effective 3/24/2020:
- We are altering our normal exam procedures for appointments: we are closing our clinic to clients in-person. We ask that clients park their cars and call the front desk to check in with a receptionist form the parking lot. Please note: be sure to give your cell phone number and car description (make, model, color) to the receptionist. When the doctor and room are ready, a technician will then check in with you briefly at your vehicle, and take your pet in for the examination.
- During the examination, the doctor may contact on the phone number you provided. The incoming number may be the clinic number or a cell phone—this is not a robo-call, please answer. Routine or vaccination appointments may not warrant a phone call unless there is an issue that you wish to discuss with the doctor (please tell the tech or receptionist at check-in). Otherwise you may receive more detailed instructions on your animal’s gold health report sheet. Don’t hesitate to call during the exam if you have any questions or concerns.
- Once the exam is complete, your pet will be returned to your car with you and the technician will inform you of the next step in the process. This may mean waiting for the doctor to finish a prescription, bringing a pre-invoice to take payment, or asking you wait a little longer while staff finishes your file. If you have any questions or concerns about the process, please feel free to talk to the technician or call 503-623-3943.
- If you have a food or medication pickup, at your convenience, we can arrange everything without you having to set foot in the clinic. You can order a refill on our website or over the phone; pay for the medications via that phone call; and then when you are in the parking lot to pick up the item, you can either call the clinic and a staff member will run the prescription or food out to you.
- Walk-in nail trims will not be available during the current quarantine period. Sick visits, urgent vaccination appointments, and non-elective surgeries are still available for scheduling at this time.
- If possible, please complete any forms you have not filled out in advance of your visit. These forms, Client and Patient Information Form, can be found online and printed from: http://dallasanimalclinicpc.com/new-patient-center/online-forms.html. If you have any questions or concerns about these forms feel free to email or call the clinic during business hours.
We sincerely appreciate your cooperation as we continue to help provide for your pet’s best health and wellness while also doing everything in our power to limit the risk of Coronavirus to you and our staff. This crisis is changing rapidly and we will do our best to update as new details and protocols are put into effect.
The Doctors and Staff of Dallas Animal Clinic
DALLAS ANIMAL CLINIC PC
If you have an emergency call us right away!
Welcome to the Dallas Animal Clinic, P.C.! Our full-service mixed-animal and emergency clinic has provided Dallas and the surrounding area with compassionate top quality animal care for over 50 years. Our doctors and veterinary staff have a combined total of over 100 years of experience. We see all sorts of animals from pets and livestock to exotics and reptiles.
Our mission is to provide pets and livestock in our area with the very best in medical, surgical and preventative care. It is our goal to use the most up-to-date skills and diagnostics to help our clients make the most informed decisions for the care of their animals.
Please browse our website for more information on our hours and location, as well as services and products we offer. Get to know our doctors and staff. This website is still a work-in-progress, but our goal is to provide interesting articles relating to all aspects of animal care, ownership and training. Please sign up for our newsletter.
If you are already a member of our extended clinic family, we thank you for your patronage. If you are not, we hope to see you soon.
Thomas M. Keck, DVM
and the veterinarians and staff at
| Dallas Animal Clinic PC |
135 SE Fir Villa Rd.
Dallas, OR 97338