Dallas Animal Clinic Veterinary Jobs
Are you interested in a veterinary career? Browse the open positions and apply using the links or form below, we look forward to hearing from you.
Come join our family. This isn’t just a job for us,
it’s our way of life!
We want every team member to feel like they’re part of a bigger mission, feel empowered to carry out important tasks, develop their own skills, and achieve their own goals.
Animal Care Technician
Animal Care Technicians help the technicians, doctors, and receptionists in all duties of the hospital. Animal Care Technicians provide for the constant cleanliness of the hospital, as well as all patient wards, cages, and runs. The Animal Care Technicians are responsible for the daily care of our patients, including walking, feeding, and recording of animal weight, appetite, and other information as directed. Animal Care Technicians are required to assist the doctors and technicians with restraint and other responsibilities according to individual abilities and training.
- Care for boarding and hospitalized animals, including cage cleaning, exercising, feeding, observation for signs of illness, laundry, bathing procedures, and keeping animals clean, as described in the ACT training manual.
- Feeds each animal as prescribed by the attending doctor, recording appetite, condition, and signs of illness.
- Release animals to their owners as directed by the doctor or technician. Ensure that every animal released is clean, properly groomed, and looking better than on arrival.
- Receive animals to be admitted for hospital care as directed by the doctor or technician. Ensure that each animal has proper identification, including name tags, cage cards, and medical records, in the appropriate place.
- General cleaning of public and employee areas of hospital, general cleaning of walking areas and parking areas to maintain clean, odor-free, and attractive environment. Housekeeping and laundry duties for all areas.
- Restrain patients for procedures performed by technicians or doctors.
- Maintaining a professional, cheerful, and helpful attitude when interacting with pet owners.
- Stocking of hospital supplies, filling out requisition forms as supplies are needed, as described in the assistant manual.
- Assist the Veterinarian in administration of euthanasia, and record, tag, and document properly afterward for cremation. Assist with proper transfer to cremation contractor.
- Assist the customer services representatives when necessary, carrying food for clients and retrieving food or other supplies for CSRs and clients.
- Demonstrate medication administration, ear cleaning, bandage maintenance, and post-surgical care.
- Learn cleaning and disinfecting methods and the use and care of cleaning materials and equipment;
- Appropriately handle and restrain animals;
- Learn basic animal care;
- Learn basic veterinary terminology and recognize abnormal conditions;
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
The Animal Care Technicians will be required to stand for long periods and perform moderately heavy physical labor. The Veterinary Assistant must be able to handle and restrain animals. The Animal Care Technicians must be able to lift up to 40lbs unassisted.
Controls Over Work
The Animal Care Technicians works under the supervision of the Animal Care Technician Lead. However, they will also receive direction from veterinarians, technicians, and CSRs on a daily basis.
Client Service Representative
Client Service Representatives (CSRs) provide the first and last impression of each client’s visit to our hospital. CSRs are responsible for client care and communication and providing excellent client service at all times. CSRs perform clerical duties related to veterinary care and treatment, process invoices and payments, direct incoming phone calls and messages, and provide miscellaneous support to the veterinary team.
- Client Relations
- Primary Communications with clients:
- Set up new clients, maintain communications with current clients
- Communicate information about ALL practice policies and protocols
- Ensure the accuracy of client information in Avimark
- Schedule appointments for clients and monitor/maintain schedule
- Accounts Receivables- communicate with clients with overdue balances
- Facilitate communication between doctors and clients
- Process pharmacy and food requests
- Handle questions on OTC retail items and handle their sales
- Maintain medical records, input and send records to/from other clinics
- Discuss and facilitate the arrangement of end of life appointments
- Be able to provide solutions for the needs of our clients or at least guide them in the proper direction
- Indirect Communications with clients:
- Document, clear, and address client voicemails
- Document, clear, and address client emails
- Document, clear, and address client correspondence
- Set up and mail documents and packages to clients
- Invoicing and accounting
- Efficient and accurate invoicing of client visits
- Taking payment- cash, credit cards, care credit, insurance.
- Correcting accounting errors on client accounts
- Maintaining the cash till and balancing out at the end of day
- Records Maintenance
- Maintain accurate patient records, including ownership and name/sex/breed
- Transfer records of animals between clients
- Maintenance and adjustment of reminders
- Close out a deceased animal’s records
- Ensure proper documentation for Rabies Certificate for client and county records
- Organize and prepare Certificates of Veterinary Inspection
- Demonstrate knowledge of general office practices and procedures, receptionist and telephone techniques;
- Perform clerical work with speed and accuracy, use a multiple line telephone system, handle cash and other forms of payment, Learn basic veterinary terminology;
- Communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner;
- Basic computer skills, including ability to learn veterinary management software.
The Client Service Representative will be required to stand for long periods. The Client Service Representative must be able to lift up to 40lbs unassisted.
Controls Over Work
The Client Service Representative works under the supervision of the CSR Supervisor and the CSR Manager; however, they will also receive direction from veterinarians, the Medical Director, and other managers on a daily basis.